A Trusted Learning Resource During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Across the country, many schools are closed as we work together to fight the coronavirus pandemic. But just because children aren’t meeting in the classroom doesn’t mean that children must go without valuable educational tools. To aid parents during this difficult time, were offering free videos and lesson plans to help you keep your children learning and growing, even while schools are closed. We help you make your home a classroom with our STEAM education. Weve named the course Learning at Home Through Stories, so get ready for a fun and interesting preschool course.
Heres how to get started:
- Well send you lesson plans every Sunday and a guide for logging on each day
- Each morning, plan to join us at 9:30 a.m. EDT to start the day with virtual story time. Cant make it during that time? Thats OK, YouTube has the recordings.
- Share your videos, projects and pictures with our community.
What can you expect from these learning activities? The same great quality education you get from The Young Innovators Academy is now available to you at home.Heres a look at The Innovation Advantage that our lesson plans are built on.
- Brain development understanding and insights Through in-depth research, we understand the key aspects of brain development. Our learning framework helps nurture your childs brain development during key times to help foster learning. This in-depth knowledge of development helps us create programs tailored to your childs age and specific needs. Youll find that our programs meet your child where they are at to build upon their natural capacity for learning.
- Fostering the Maker Mindset Our goal is to help children learn through a growth mindset. The learning environment and how teachers interact with children impacts the growth mindset. Teachers need a Maker Mindset and during this time, youll serve as your childs teacher. Well equip you to do an outstanding job while your child is home from their traditional school setting.
- Making, creating and innovating With our lesson plans, youll never find an approach that simply gives answers to a child. Our goal is to teach children how to be problem solvers. So in our coronavirus pandemic free lesson plan offering, youll find activities that have your child making, creating and innovating throughout the day.
- Partnership with families You might not have a background in education, but we believe fully that you can use our lesson plans to create an outstanding experience for your child during this challenging time. Even in the classroom, we believe theres a power in partnering with families to take everything the child is learning in the classroom back home with them after the school day ends. Weve always seen the impact and importance of the involvement of families. Thats why we know parents are ready to take on this challenge of serving as your childs main educator. Our lesson plans and daily schedules will equip you with everything you need to focus on your childs education.
- Weekly lesson plans during COVID-19 Set a reminder on your phone and make plans to join us every school day at 9 a.m. on YouTube. And dont forget to subscribe to our mailing list to get our weekly lesson plans each Sunday. During this time, well provide you with everything you need to know to educate your preschooler at home. Well be your education partner throughout the school closures related to the coronavirus.